Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Wickedness

The musical Wicked was the inspiration for this colorway. My friend and I had seen the play together in 2006 and it was such a wonderful evening.

I love my Wicked Socks! I've had these finished for awhile but Christmas madness has had kept me busy enough to keep me from my blog.

Name of Project: Wicked Socks
Yarn: Knit Picks Bare Silk Fingering Weight hand-dyed by me
Yardage: one hank, with leftovers
Yarn Source: KnitPicks.com
Needles: Size US 1 (2.5 mm) Knit Picks circulars
Estimated Time to Complete Project: 3 weeks
Pattern Notes: I started with Judy's Magic Cast-on using 12 stitches on each needle. Then worked up the foot to the heel, using a short-row heel so I wouldn't interrupt the striping pattern. I started the Ruffled cast-off by knitting 3 stitches into each stitch around. Then I worked a couple of more rounds and cast-off.
I've used my warping board three times to make self-striping sock yarn. The Wicked yarn was my third yarn I dyed. I'm working with the first yarn right now for my Mermaid Socks, but have yet to try out the second. I've resolved myself to knitting them all up so I can see the different results of the stripes before dying anymore yarn. They were all made slightly different and I want to know what looks best.

This is the second Linen Market Bag I've finished. I like them, but not really for groceries. The first one I made has stretched out so significantly that if I put anything heavy in it, it just goes all the way to the ground. This one is a little smaller, so I'm hoping it won't be as bad. The bag works really well for other things, like yarn or diapers. Things that don't have a lot of heft.


I have more pictures but I can't post a couple of projects I've finished until after the recipient gets them.

No comments: