Saturday, October 13, 2007

Linen Market Bag

Now I can grocery shop and not feel guilty about all the plastic bags it takes to haul my goodies home. Or at least I won't need to have as many...

Name of Project: Carry It Home Bag from Patternworks #800089
Yarn: Louet Merlin in Pink Panther color, sport wt.
Yardage: 250 yards/100 grams
Yarn Source: Common Threads
Needles: Size US 4 and 13 circular, Size 10 straight
Estimated Time to Complete Project: 2 weeks
Pattern Notes: The pattern starts with the handle and goes down to the bottom of the bag. The tubular type knitting of the handle was kind of tricky and now that I know how it works, I would make the part underneath where your hand would grip a little longer. Below is what the handle looked like before I knitted the body.


This is with most of the body done.

I don't like that the handle is a little puckered where it joins. My friend Anna who is also making this, said that it will stretch out and look more normal with use. So here's hoping. But overall I'm happy with the way it came out. It was a very easy project for a couple of reasons. It was worked in the round on circular needles with just a yo, and k2tog for the body. That means I didn't have to try to figure out where I was and I could stop whenever I needed to. It was perfect for knitting group, where I tend to lose my place in patterns because I talk to much or need to get more hot chocolate. This project also fit inside my purse, which alleviated my constant fear that I might be stuck somewhere and not have anything to knit.

No comments: