Saturday, October 20, 2007

Bling Bling #2 and New Projects

These are the second pair of Bling Bling socks for my mother-in-law for her birthday. I wanted to make her the black and gold as well as the white and gold socks for her birthday. When I finished the Black pair, I needed to make sure they fit before making the other pair. But when I tried them on her feet, I was unable to get them off and was not able to keep them until her birthday next week. At least I'll be able to give her this other pair in addition to the ones she already has.

I've used this past year to learn about the construction of socks, from toe-up to cuff-down and have worked my way through Lucy Neatby's book, Cool Socks Warm Feet. I only have two more pairs of socks to make from her book to finish The Lucy Project. In January Cat Bordhi is coming to my local yarn shop, and I'll learn even more about sock construction. I've already signed up to go and I'm very excited about getting her book, New Pathways for Sock Knitters Book 1.

My plan for 2008 is to learn more about constructing a fitted sweater using my own measurements. I'm going to get measured, take a class, and work out my own pattern. I have a few ideas for the sweater I would like to make, but I'm going to try a couple of patterns before I find a class.

One of the things I've already cast on for is the Cherie Amour from Knitty. I got this Cherry Tree Hill Glitter Thick and Thin yarn from discontinuedbrandnameyarn.com. It was a great deal and I also got some Louet Linen from them. I think this will make a great holiday sweater for Christmas this year. I've read that it's a really fast knit, so I should have it done by then.

Since I loved having a really portable project in my purse, I started another Linen Market bag with the Louet Merlin yarn I got with my order.

This is Peace Fleece for my Central Park Hoodie that I'm going to make. Robin asked me if I was interested in making this, and we thought it would be fun to go through the process together. However, she got her yarn at least 2 weeks before I did and she's moving right along. And since I've already started my Cherie Amour, I'm probably going to finish that before I cast on for something new.

No comments: