Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy Spring Equinox Eve

Spring Forward Finished (4)

Ready for Spring tomorrow! Well these were a fast satisfying knit. I think I may have been procrastinating and avoiding some things I was supposed to do this week and that's why these were completed so quickly. Oh well, at least I've got a pair of socks to show for myself.

Name of Project: Spring Forward by Linda Welch
Yarn: 1 skein of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock - lightweight in colorway Lemongrass
Needles: Size US 0 (2.0 mm) Knit Picks circulars
Pattern Modifications: I made these toe-up with JMCO, increased for the gusset, used a gusset heel turn and worked up the leg. I worked a 1x1 rib until I was almost out of yarn, then bound off using Judy's Surprising Stretchy Bind Off.

I do think the yarn was a little to variegated for the pattern. It's hard to see the subtle lace texture with the green and yellow color changes. I think this pattern would be better suited towards a more solid color. But they're still beautiful to me!

No comments: