Learn to Knit Socks Knit-Along has officially started!
Get your diploma in sock knitting with this pattern specifically designed for a beginning Sock-aholic. You might even win a prize!
Description: This basic toe-up sock allows the knitter to tailor the width and length to the wearer's foot size for a perfect no-fuss fit. Step-by-step tutorials are included to help you with the techniques used, and video support is available for this project, too! This pattern is written for the Two Circular Needle method, so grab a pair and get knitting!
How to Play Along:
1. To sign up, Click Here to find our Ravelry Group discussion thread for this KAL. Just reply to this thread to let us know You're In! All KAL related chit chat, pattern support, show and tell, and prize awards will be managed through this Ravelry group.
2. Our KAL will be using the Straight Up Socks pattern by Kelie Oreb. This pattern will be posted as a free Ravelry Download during the KAL.
3. No purchase is necessary to participate in this KAL, however the Grand Prize will be awarded to a knitter who uses Knitters Brewing Company Sock-aholic Solid or Sock-aholic Sweet yarn. KAL Sock Kits are available below in 31 colors! Knitters who use other brands of yarn are eligible for all other prizes.
1. One skein of Sock-aholic Solid or Sweet yarn in your choice of 31 colors shown in the color charts.
2. One commemmorative Diploma project stitch marker to remind you that being a sock knitter is a great achievement.
3. An official Certificate of Achievement to show all your friends that you are in fact a pedigreed Sock-aholic.
4. The Straight Up Socks pattern by Kelie Oreb.
At noon (Pacific time) April 29, 2011, the names of all participants who have posted a photo on the discussion board of at least one completed sock will be entered into the random drawing for prizes.
Runner Up Prizes (2 to be awarded): One skein of Knitters Brewing Company Yarn in the winners choice of color. (Retail Value $20 each)
Grand Prize (1 to be awarded): One skein of Knitters Brewing Company yarn in the winners choice of color, and a Knit Happy Project Bag. (Retail Value $39.50)
The Moderating Brewmistress also reserves the right to add any needed guidelines that she may have overlooked. She is blonde, you know.
What You Can Do To Prepare:
1. Purchase your kit here, or decide what yarn you are going to use and check your gauge.
2. Gauge: 32 sts = 4" in Stockinette Stitch using recommended needle size US 0, 1 or 2.
3. If you don't purchase a kit, you will need to get a skein of fingering weight sock yarn (at least 375 yards).
4. Standard knitting tools will be used, plus a blunt-tipped tapestry needle to weave in ends, and a stitch marker.
5. Practice the techniques we will be using that may be new to you. We will be posting some training videos to help you on our Ravelry discussion board during early March.
Good Luck and Have Fun!