Sunday, March 13, 2011

Springing Forward

Spring Forward WIP (1) Crop

These are the Spring Forward socks by Linda Welch from Knitty, Summer of '08. I've had them in my queue ever since then and have even had the yarn, but the stars just have never aligned. But today I went with my boys for a 2 hr and 15 min drive, to a BMX track, where I spent the day lounging under an Easy-up watching my boys race. Usually I would stay home and get some personal things done during this time, but my boys were insistent that I be part of the family and come with them.

I didn't want to bring the Burnin' Hot Hands gloves because I am very close to finishing them and I didn't want Son #1 (the recipient) to be checking them out until his birthday. The Zauberball socks were also left home because they are such a good purse project that I kind of want to keep them on the needles. I like that I can get a few rounds done while waiting for the boys to get out of school. If I finish them, I'll have to cast on another pair for that purpose. But I knew that I was going to have A LOT of knitting time today.  So I went with something simple, something springy and something I had in my stash.

The pattern is very easy to cruise on, I mean, look how much I got done in a day. I had cast on for the toes last night, but only got about halfway before falling asleep. So most of the work I got done today, which I like! I also like the fact that I'm working on my Spring Forward socks, the day that we have to Spring Forward an hour with the time change. I didn't plan that, I've had these pulled out for a week or two, but I guess that's all I needed for the stars to align. Yeah!

No comments: