There are more reasons than this, but I thought I would share some of my highlights.
1) I got to see Cookie A. and get a signed copy of her new book Knit. Sock. Love. She was charming as always and remembered me because of my cool pimp huggie bear jacket that I wore when she came to teach at Common Threads January of last year. Her new book is a compilation of 19 patterns, 12 which are previously published and 7 new designs. The book is beautifully made with breathtaking pictures and is an inspiration to flip through. I do admit, I am biased and Cookie will always be amazing to me even if she decides to design a sock shaped like a potato sack.
2) Meeting the Knitmore Girls in person! Jasmin was very easy to spot with her pink hair, and yes, her mother Gigi was within arms length. I was immediately greeted and hugged with warmth and kindness. It is a little weird to feel so comfortable with a person you've never met, but I felt like an old friend. I LOVE listening to knitting podcasts and I listen to quite a few. But there are 2 or 3 that I will always listen to first when I see there is a new episode on my Ipod and theirs is on that short list. I'm a big fan and always enjoy the show.
3) I got to have my picture taken with Ravelry Royalty, Jess, Casey and Mary Heather. Try to visualize the picture not blurry.
Like this one...
4) Seeing the nice ladies from Mountain Colors again. Not only do I love their yarns, I think they are super sweet people. When I entered their category in the Think Outside the Sox contest 2 years ago and didn't win, they sent me a consolation prize with a skein of yarn, a tote bag and free pattern. I didn't feel like such a loser after that!
5) Seeing the latest and greatest the yarn companies have to offer. One of the new exhibitors that really stood out was Arctic Qiviut. They have a sock yarn blend with 65% Merino, 25% Qiviut, and 10% Nylon. I think it's the most luxurious sock yarn I've ever beheld. I highly doubt any skeins of that gorgeousness will be in my near future, it sells for around $84 a skein. Now that's a fancy pair of socks! I was also lucky enough to obtain a sample of Sterling Silk & Silver by Kraemer that I will dye and knit up. It is 63% Superwash Merino, 20% Silk, 15% Nylon and 2% Silver. REAL silver! I've always liked my bling.
It was a very exciting day in my world!