Sunday, May 17, 2009

Rogue Roses

Second shipment of the 2009 Rockin' Sock Club has been completed! And before the next shipment came too...
Name of Project: Rogue Roses
Yarn: Socks That Rock Medium weight, colorway Gertrude Skein
Needles: Size US 1 (2.25 mm) Knit Picks dpns
Estimated Time to Complete Project: 6 weeks
Modifications: Did not include the yo "bubble trail" increase next to the rogue roses chart. Instead I did a mother/grandmother increase so that it wasn't visible. Also I did not carry the purl background all the way to the end of the toe.

I think these came out beautiful (finally) and after a few small hiccups (my own fault) they went very smoothly.

Other project updates:

I've finished clue #4 on my purple hooter socks from the Knitters Brewing Co Mystery Sock KAL and those are looking very cool!
The very cool part about this knitalong is that none of the clues have been a repeat of what you have done before in the pattern. You started with the toe and some lace for it, and instead of just more of the same for the instep, it was a fun butterfly with beads! I such a sucker for anything with butterflies and adding the beads to it gives it that extra bling (that I always love). So I am very excited about the next 3 clues. It also gives me an excuse to have multiple socks on the needles at the same time. I can't go anymore until I get the next clue, better have something else to work on!

The other socks I have going are His Worthiness socks. I decided to name these for my husband because he's been so deserving of a gift like this.

One project that has jumped unexpectedly into my WIP's is the Shedir hat. I've found out that a friend that I used to work with is battling lung cancer and I wanted to make her something. Janelle told me she has made several of these for friends in similiar situations and has gotten back positive reviews about the pattern and yarn.

I'm hoping I can get the hat finished in about a week so that I can give it to my friend as soon as possible. It's going pretty smoothly so far, so I don't think it'll be a problem.

No comments: