Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Priorities

I started a pair of socks for hubby last night. He was walking around barefoot, saying how nice it would be to have a pair of hand knit socks for his cold feet, like everyone else in the family has. I had to drop my project I was working on and start something right away. I mean, how does it look? The man that buys me my sock yarn not wearing any hand knit socks. It's just not right.

I immediately pulled out my box of sock yarn so he could pick out his yarn.

This is what he picked out:


It's Berroco Sox number 1425 John Moores color. This is one of the reasons I love him. He bypassed a plain blue, a grey and a few other really boring colors and picked this one. He's always had a great sense of style and color. I don't like to go shopping without him because when he's with me, my clothes we pick out together are always my favorites. I will definitely have fun knitting these and I think they will go relatively fast (considering his feet are size 13). I'm going toe-up, probably with a short-row heel, then ribbing up the leg so they stay up nicely.

1 comment:

Yarnhog said...

A straight man who likes color and pattern? I think you won the lottery, because surely he's the only one on the planet!