Friday, May 22, 2009

Oh Come On!

Is this some sort of universal bet to see how many socks I will cast on at once? Even I wouldn't bet on that one. If all of these cute sock patterns and this beautiful sock yarn keep finding their way to me I will be forced to take advantage of the situation.

And I'm even feeling proud of myself for knitting this hat in less than a week for a friend who's going through chemo. I'm going to sit down this weekend and write her a letter and send out a package next Tuesday after Memorial Day.

Name of Project: Shedir
Yarn: Rowan Calmer, one ball
Needles: Size US 2 Knit Picks circulars
Estimated Time to Complete Project: almost a week
Pattern Notes: I skipped some of the plain knit rows at the top to conserve on yarn. I didn't think the ball was going to make it for the whole hat and it seemed big enough anyway.

I am going to try to finish one of the sock I already have on the needles before I start these but I've already got them prepped. Pattern is copied (I don't like to mess up my original), skein is wound, and the needles are ready.

2 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Great hat! I'm sure she'll love it.

And you can never have too many socks. Except, um, maybe in San Diego in the summertime... :)

Chief Executive Babe said...

The hat looks so pretty! She'll love it :-)

You seem to be juggling all your WIP very well - the shawl is looking incredible!