Monday, February 2, 2009

Holidazed

Name of Project: Holidazed by Anne Hanson
Yarn: Socks That Rock Mediumweight - Muddy Autumn Rainbow
Needles: Size US 1 (2.25 mm) Knit Picks circulars
Estimated Time to Complete Project: 1.5 months
Pattern Notes: This pattern was simple enough for me to carry around in my purse to work on while I was waiting.

This was the last shipment from the 2008 Rockin Sock Club and it was just in time, because on Friday I got this...

My Blue Heaven. Yes it is. 360 yards of lightweight, superwash, hand dyed heaven. This is the first shipment from the 2009 World Domination Tour of the Rockin' Sock Club. I think the universe has been trying to send me a message of some sort with the seemingly random peacock colored blues that keep coming to me. This is going to match the Peacock coat I finished last week, exactly.

The kit came with a keychain, button, binder cover and a bag of beads along with the pattern and dyer's notes. The pattern is called Queen of Beads by Sivia Harding. It looks very beautiful although the pictures that came with the pattern are kind of dark so it's hard to see a whole lot of detail. I've wound the yarn into a ball and still need to string the beads, so I won't be starting it right away. Hopefully by the end of this week.

I've been playing with a knitting machine that a very giving and good friend has decided to pass along to me. It's very different and I am still a little unsure of the in's and out's of it. I have some coned yarn that is perfect for the fine gauge machine and I'm having fun learning. I am still trying to finish Giselle before Stitches West so I really need to stay focused and not let myself be distracted so easily. I've got one sleeve done and one more to go, then all of the trim. It's so close! I'll just keep reminding myself to work on it first so I can have something beautiful to wear that weekend.

1 comment:

Cupcake said...

Grape, great holidazed sock, nice job. I have started the My Blue Heaven socks and really like the way that it's coming out. Can't wait for Stitches.