Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Peacock Pretty

This was a total impulse knit. I got the inspiration to start this sweater while watching Stefanie Japel on Knitty Gritty. The bulky yarn looked so fast that I had to try it. I’ve had this yarn sitting around for awhile and have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to try it. My son #2 actually picked it out. He's got great tastes that one.

These pictures aren't the best because my husband took them with my camera phone and he wasn't too familiar with it. I'm on the lookout for a new digital camera so it'll have to work until then.


Name of Project: Cropped Sweater by Stefanie Japel
Yarn: 7 hanks of Colinette Shimmer 5 and 2 balls of Crystal Palace Dragonfly
Needles: Size US 17
Estimated Time to Complete Project: 4 days
Pattern Notes: I started with the cropped sweater pattern and added the length. I knitted straight for a little while, then threw in a couple of increases towards the hips to help accommodate my curves. It’s been an exciting knit and I’m very happy with the results.

Meanwhile my Giselle sweater is moving right along. It's time to pick up for the sleeves and work the trimming and edging. Very close! Should be done in time for Stitches.

1 comment:

Cupcake said...

Girl you are crazy with the knitting progress. I'm so glad that someone is getting some knitting done. Stitches is going to be great in part because I will get to have some knitting time. Did you get your kit for RSC yet?