Sunday, April 1, 2007

April Fools!

I was going to do the Springtime In Paris socks with the Six Sox Knitalong but they just posted their April pattern today and I have to do the new one. They're called the Horcrux Socks (themed on Harry Potter) and they look very cool. And since I've just finished my Timberline Toes (see below) it's perfect timing!

These socks took me almost a whole month to complete. I want to get to the point where a pair of socks will only take me 2 weeks at the most. With knitting time being a commodity this month it just couldn't happen. I used two Size 0 circular needles and Socks That Rock Lightweight in the colorway Thistle. The Tubular cast-on stretches enough to fit over my heel comfortably has a pretty rounded edge. The Garter Stitch Short Row Heel and the Garter Stitch Toe gives a little extra cushion and feels very good on my soles. It will be awhile before I'm able to wear these out.

I always use two circular needles to make two socks at a time. I'm pretty sure that I will always use this method. I just think that it is easier to have both on the needles at the same time and if I do something to one sock, it's going to happen to the other. It eliminates the need to take notes or remember if I changed something. And I almost always change something in the pattern.

No comments: