Sunday, February 18, 2007

A really fun yarn sale

This holiday weekend (Presidents Day weekend) the LYS had a wonderful sale. The e-mail went out with a coupon and I picked the day to go. Obviously I had to be the first one in on Saturday when they opened so I could have first pick at the room filled with yarn at 50% off. The rest of the store was 25% off. I had gone in the Thursday before to scope out the joint and get ideas for what I wanted to buy while I was there. My husband had made a very good point that I should only buy enough yarn for projects that I was going to do within the next 6-12 months so I could keep current and purchase different things next year. So when I was there casing the joint, I decided to get some yarns I've been wanting to try for awhile and just haven't made the leap.

This is Recycled Silk from Tibet. I have always thought it to be really beautiful and exotic. To just have a colorful knitted fabric made from this draped around me is very exciting and I can't wait to start balling it up so I can do a little swatching.

This is yarn for a purse I saw made up at the shop. It was so neat looking that I wanted to try making it also. It is knitted flat alternating different stripes of yarn, then the individual stripes are folded and sewn to give the purse a rolled, baggy look. It sounds kind of weird but...that's me.


This is Cherry Tree Hill superwash merino in the colorway Winterberry. I'm just going to make some kind of a shawl that I can wear anywhere.

This is a corded Noro yarn called Daria. I had bought some of this before and made a bag for my Ipod and loved working with it. It looks very cool knitted up and at 50% off I couldn't resist. I didn't get all of the colors I would've liked to, but I had to have a little restraint.

And finally, the sock yarn. Doesn't count for stash and yet holds such an important place in my "stash box".

I have been known to feel a little buyers remorse after participating in a sale. I felt absolutely no guilt and couldn't be happier about my purchases this weekend. It has already brought me joy and has only been in my hands for one day.

No comments: