Thursday, January 14, 2016

TNNA San Diego 2016

image
This past weekend I went to TNNA in San Diego with Nancy and friends. We had a great time checking out all of the new products and gadgets. One of my favorite events is on Friday night, called Sample It. The vendors with new products show off what they have and it's available for purchase.

I loved the Twizzlefoot from Mountain Colors when I made the the Willow Cowl which is a gift for a friend. When I saw the other colors they had, I had to pick up a couple of skeins.



Retromantic Fripperies had beautifully designed wood products and I tried out my new coasters by making a delicious coffee using Trader Joe's Coffee and Cocoa blend, Half & Half, and Kahlua.
image
The Fashion show was fun and showed off a lot of beautiful knitwear. I'm planning on making some Tee style tops that I can wear on a regular basis. I would like to have at least 3 or 4. One of my favorites I saw at the show was the Mariposa Tee on display at the Zen Yarn Garden Booth.

Anzula's booth was a favorite with a huge display of all their colors and yarns. My friend Hanna is holding the favorite colors in their new laceweight yarn called Meridian. It is a blend of Tencel, Alpaca, and Nylon.
image

I had a lot of fun meeting Rhichard Devrieze of The Yarns of Rhichard Devrieze. I have big colorwork plans for all of his beautiful colors!
imageimage

Purl & Loop introduced the Stash Blaster 8.0 weaving loom that is the perfect size for sampling different weaves and colors. I bought these for my boys and hope it's something they'll enjoy. I helped them warp it with some leftover stash and they've started.


I got some accessories from the Hiya Hiya booth that I'm really excited about using. These are Crystaletts Pins with Tag-A-Stitch markers. I think they'll be fun to use and helpful on more complicated projects.
Image result for crystallets pins

Image result for crystallets pins

I am also happy about these Nirvana Needle Arts Row Counters. They lie flat on my knitting and once I turned them a few times, loosened up and are easy to use.
Image result for nirvana needle arts row counter

I was so excited to purchase an Ashford Blending Board and am looking forward to creating many beautiful rolags to spin! Nancy and I bought this together and will be sharing it. I think it'll make both of us spin more just to get to make more rolags.
imageimage

On Sunday I attended Vicki Twigg's class on Sunday at Common Threads to learn about the Twigg Stitch technique. It is a twist on reversible knitting and a fun way to play with colors.
image


Common Threads will be closed Saturday, January 23 for Caryl Nelson's memorial at St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Del Mar. Here she is with me and Nancy on Nancy's wedding day in November.
image

No comments: