Monday, December 21, 2009

In Season

The latest finished object in my World Domination Tour 2009. This was the July pattern for the Rockin Sock Club. These took longer than a normal pair of socks due to the fact that I carried them around in my purse, and only knitted on them when I was waiting around for something somewhere. They were the perfect project for waiting because after the leg chart and the heel turn it was basic sock knitting, no pattern needed.

In Season
Name of Project: In Season by Melissa Morgan-Oakes
Yarn: 1 skein of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock - lightweight in colorway Garden Daze
Needles: Size US 0 (2.0 mm) Knit Picks circulars

In Season WIP
I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I LOVE Socks That Rock! It still is, hands down, the most fabulous sock yarn I've ever used and I've tried quite a few different kinds of sock yarn. It just reinforced it for me when I put on my Timberline Toes socks that I made almost 2 years ago and they still look like the picture I took when I finished them. I've worn them a lot and they've held up. No pilling , no holes, not even signs of wear. Now that's a good investment to me!
In Season (1)

One of the announcements I need to make is that I won't be joining the Rockin Sock Club for 2010. The main reason being is, for the last two years, I've only been able to finish four out of the six kits that have been shipped. Which leaves me with four, completely fabulous (oh my god, I can't believe I haven't knitted these yet) kits. Which I feel is a good enough reason on it's own to hold off for a year. I have four to hold me over (not to mention the "other" skeins of Socks That Rock) for the whole year. But I have other projects I've really been interested in trying and I think 2010 will be a good year to explore some of those. Hopefully I'll be able to post about what my ideas are next week once I've had time to set some concrete plans.

So don't think I'm abandoning my Sockies that Rockie and the gift that keeps on giving all year long! I'm just going to take this next year to catch up and I'll be back for 2011!

No comments: