Friday, November 6, 2009

First things first

Since I haven't been able to blog since I started having blog-worthy news, I'll just start at the beginning.

Meditrina Fingerless Gloves (5)

I finished the Meditrina fingerless gloves and they turned out so cool I could barely part with them. The Mountain colors yarn turned out amazing, the colorway is Moccasin Trail. I started them from the top because I knew I would probably run short on yarn and have to finish the cuff in another color. Yeah for two-at-time top-down! I was able to finish them off with some black fingering yarn with a little ruffle. They look a little girly, but a little punk rock at the same time.

Meditrina Fingerless Gloves (4)

I joined a mini sock swap on the Knitters Brewing Co Sockaholics group on Ravelry and it was my first swap ever. Each person had to knit a mini sock and send it to their swap partner by October 31. I checked out some of the ideas floating around, and people were putting little things inside their mini socks and adding little things to their packages. So I was very surprised when a box arrived at my house on Halloween afternoon with all of these goodies in it.

Mini Sock Swap (5)

Chocolates, coffee, Burts Bees chapstick and Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, 3 skeins of yarn, a notepad, and yes, my mini sock. It was really neat to get something from my swap partner's part of the country and now I wish I would've included something "San Diegan" in with mine. I'll know for next time!

And on Halloween night, my vampire family hit the streets for some Trick-or-Treat fun. I have to say, this was one of the best Halloween's yet. The kids have such a good time with it and we enjoy watching the show. We get together with a few other families, have dinner and hit the streets. There were kids everywhere, all dressed up, people in their driveways with firepits passing out candy (or running out, there were so many kids) and we had an ice chest in a wagon filled with adult refreshments. We went as long as the kids could go and when they finally crapped out and were loony from their sugar highs we went home.

Halloween 09' (1) Cropped.JPG

It was a good night! And the next morning I woke up bright and early to attend the Torrance Fiber Festival.

3 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Awesome picture! You guys are so cool!

ExpressYourself said...

Scary! :)

edina said...

Sadly I'm way behind with blog reading so I'm just reading this post today...your Halloween costumes were great!