Friday, July 17, 2009

No Autographs Please

I was invited to go to the Padres game last night to help promote Stitch N Pitch 2009. I thought it would be fun to take Son #1 to his first baseball game. And it's extra memorable now that he was on the Padres pre-game show. Click here for his very first television appearance!

JO1stBaseballGame

I think I've found a baseball fan. He really enjoyed watching the game and asked a lot of questions that I'm really glad Nancy was there to answer. I don't really go for the "sport". I like people watching and my favorite part is when they start pointing the fan cam around the stadium and people start dancing for it. It never gets old!

JO1stBaseballGame (2)

I worked on my husband's socks and got a measurable amount done on the cuffs. You can't see that part in the picture but I've tried them on his feet and he says he only wants about an inch more. So that's about 12 more rounds. I definitely think I can get that done at the Sunday game.

I'm still working hard on my red lace shawl and it is, without a doubt, the most beautiful thing I've ever made. It is silky and soft, beautiful in color, and sparkles like the sun on the sea. I only have about 20 more repeats to go for the border so I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of next week. Then I'll do the blocking just in time for the August 15 wedding date. I am loving it!

STR Shipment 3

My fourth shipment of the socks that rock club came and it brought a smile to my face. It is bright and loud and I wasn't quite sure what to think of it at first.

STR Shipment 3 (1)

As usual the bold, ostentatious colors won me over and I'm thinking that it was a perfect match for me this summer. I've started my very own garden this year and have been taking pictures of the progress. I hope to have them posted very soon.

STR Shipment 3 (3)

If you're going to be at Stitch N Pitch on Sunday look for me! I'll be the one working on socks. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The one working on socks, oh yeah, that should make you easy to find. ;-)