Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's Magic

You can turn this...
Into this...
Yes, the time to celebrate has come! I am the proud new owner of a 2008 Yamaha Raptor 700. Fuel injected, with reverse, customized with Pro Taper handlebars and a steering stabilizer. I'll be breaking him in a week from today, on our first desert trip. It's so incredibly wonderful and fantastic! I can't articulate exactly how excited I am to have this quad. After what happened to my last one, this one left the dealership with insurance. I'm not messing around this time. I just hope that whoever got my last one, had fun on it, up until the moment when they crashed and had life-altering injuries. Dirtbags. But I now I have my "Quadzilla Raptor" and it's faster and newer.

These magic creatures are the first project I helped with for my son's class. His teacher knitted the parts and asked me to finish them. I had to knit the faces, sew them up and put on the eyes and beard. The beard is some of my first handspun and I'm kind of stoked to find a use for it.They were a lot of fun to play with and I was happy to help out. The pattern comes from the book A Children's Year and I think it was just called Knitted Gnomes. It was a very fun book to look through and I'm thinking about adding it to my collection. There are so many good books and so little time...

Son #2 was a little upset about not being able to keep the other gnomes that I made him this one. It was a little different but I think he still liked it.
Ever hear of a Sugar Sprite? I've been told that she needs so much sugar to survive, that she'll bring you a toy if you leave your bag of Halloween candy by your bed for her. And the more candy you leave her the better of a toy she'll leave you. I'm going to tell my kids about her and see if they're up for a cool toy. When you're dressed like this...
You get lots of candy! Trick or Treat!

3 comments:

edina said...

Love all your costumes!

Thanks for riding with me yesterday to the fiber festival - it was fun! I can't wait to see what everyone does with their Big Bertha yarn. :)

Yarnhog said...

It's the Superfriends! Awesome picture!

Chief Executive Babe said...

It's the Super Family! I feel safer just knowing you :-)

Cute gnomes - it's nice of you to help out the teacher. You better get an A+!