Monday, September 1, 2008

It's gonna be cold there...

A couple of my friends have announced that they are tired of the cost of living here in Southern California, and are moving to Idaho this month. I thought it would be nice to send them off with something warm in their bags, because I heard, it can get cold there.

So here are the three hats that I made, two on purpose and one on accident. As you can see below, one of the hats is significantly shorter than the other. This pattern is from Leigh Radford's book One Skein. It has no crown shaping so I did my own, and thought it would take longer to decrease for the crown. It only took four rounds and so the hat wasn't as long as I wanted it to be. It's for a man's head and it fit my head perfectly. So I decided to keep the smaller one for my son, and just make another one but longer.

Name of Project: Asymmetrical Cable Hat from One skein
Yarn: Baby Alpaca Grande
Needles: Size US 11 Knit Picks circulars
Pattern Notes: CO 69 sts, work until measures 9" for a man's head, then decrease for crown.


Name of Project: Unoriginal Hat by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Yarn: Baby Alpaca Grande
Needles: Size US 11 Knit Picks circulars

Good luck guys and I wish you the best in your new home!

No comments: