Monday, February 11, 2008

My Butterfly Shawl


Name of Project: Butterfly Shawl by Noreen Crone-Findlay
Materials: 6 Balls of Royale Gemini Double Strand Crochet Thread (300 yds - color 0441 Natural/White), 2 Balls of Royale Classic Crochet Thread (400 yds - color 0201 White)
Yarn Source: Michaels
Hooks: Size B/1 (2.25 mm) and F/5 (3.75 mm)
Estimated Time to Complete Project: 1 month
Pattern Notes: The instructions for the Butterflies and Dragonflies were wonderful and very clear. The only part I had trouble with understanding was the joining part. It wasn't clear to me from the pattern if these were to be joined as you went. I just made all of the squares and then did a joining round using my own judgment on where the pieces should connect. I started at the top with the dragonflies, joining all of them to the butterfly squares then moving down the the point at the end.

This was definitely a project for an advanced crocheter. I've been crocheting for a long time (10+ years) so I think that's why it was easy for me to understand where the stitches were supposed to be placed. I just love the way this turned out and can't wait to wear it around this summer.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a gorgeous job with your shawl, Khalila! Congratulations!
:o) Noreen
www.hankeringforyarn.com

Robin said...

So pretty! Those are some really nice pictures.

edina said...

Fabulous shawl and great photos, too!

itsheknits said...

OMG... It is a terrific shawl, but the pictures are SO STRIKING. You are one hot mama.

Yarnhog said...

That is amazing! I love the shot with the light shining through to show off the butterflies. Gorgeous.

pat said...

Hi! This is a beautiful shawl!! Did you double the yarn for the butterflies? I want to make one too, lol. Thanks