Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Butterfly Effect

Here is the wondrous Butterfly Shawl in its second to last stage of finishing.
After it's done blocking I need to add the fringe and it will be complete. I can't wait to wear it!

This is the front of the leg of my Serendipity socks. The colors are pooling. A lot. I don't know if I like it or if I don't like it, but I do know I might have liked it better if they had striped like I see everyone else's on Ravelry.

Here is the back of the leg.

I was kind of thinking that I should just let the yarn go the way it wants to because it'll turn out beautiful no matter which way it stripes or pools. So I just kept going and I've turned the heel. Now I just need to go down the foot. I think I'm going to just leave them the way they are but a little voice in the bottom of my knitting bag keeps saying, "Turn back! Rip them out now! You know you want the stripes, just do it!" But I can't. I love them no matter which way they choose to knit up. Stripes or pools I will accept them the way they are and treat them with the same love and respect I do all of my socks. But for next time, I think I'll pay closer attention to the gauge and pattern picture. I was just a little surprised when I saw all of the finished pics on Ravelry and nobody else's look like mine.

1 comment:

Robin said...

now your socks will be an unique as you are!