Friday, February 22, 2008

Dancing With Dragons

Name of Project: Serendipity by Adrienne Fong
Yarn: Dragon Dance by Blue Moon Fiber Arts
Yardage: one hank with a little leftover (360 yds)
Yarn Source: Socks That Rock Club shipment #1 (bluemoonfiberarts.com)
Needles: Size US 0 (2.0 mm) Knit Picks circulars
Estimated Time to Complete Project: 1 month

I started these on Size 2.5 mm needles and knitted to the heel before realizing that my gauge was off. I was on Ravelry and looking at the other socks and saw that I was having extreme pooling when everyone else was getting stripes. I would have still finished them the way they were, but when I double-checked my gauge, I realized that they were too loose. The yarn is too beautiful for me to not have them fit me perfectly.

This is what they looked like before I ripped them back to the cuff.
This is what they looked like after re-knitting them.
And finally, Serendipity.
I only short-rowed to 11 stitches for the heel instead of the suggested 9 so it wouldn't be so pointy. That was the only alteration I made to the pattern.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Hey and now you get nice stripes!