Sunday, August 19, 2007

WIP Update

These are the lucky green socks for my man. I don't have enough yarn to go up the leg far enough so I've ordered two more skeins of the Felici yarn from Knitpicks. I'm just waiting for it to get here so I can finish them. They fit his feet perfectly and I can tell he's excited about having them. I had wanted to get them done by the Aug 23 because that's our 10th wedding anniversary and even though they aren't a surprise, I wanted to give them to him then. Hopefully the yarn will come tomorrow.
In the meantime, I've been searching around for just the right pattern for this Cherry Tree Hill yarn I bought at a yarn sale in February. I had anticipated making the Clapotis from Knitty, but I just wasn't sure. I decided to go ahead and start it to see how it looks and so far I'm having a good time. It's fairly easy to recognize where you need to increase and how the stitches are going to drop. I'm at the point where the increases are done and I'm going start the straight rows. I love feeling this yarn, it's been really great to knit with. And although I can say I'm loving socks the most, it's kind of nice working with size 8 needles and worsted yarn. It seems to just be growing at lightning speed compared to my sock yarn on size 1 needles.

These are the Gansey socks from the Six Sox Knitalong. I've just got the toe started and a few rounds of the pattern going so far. It took me a long time to get started with these because I had to mess with charting the pattern and figuring it out toe-up. But they should move along pretty good now.

No comments: