Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My First Handspun Yarn

I just love spinning. The picture above is of the bobbins of singles that I've spun before I plied them together. The one below is after I plied the two together.

I bought a wraps-per-inch tool so I could figure out what weight my yarn is but it's so inconsistent that I don't know how much I can count on any number I come up with. At any given spot it goes from almost lace weight to a DK weight in another spot.

Since this is my first yarn I've ever made, I was thinking about just knitting a plain stockinette sampler with it so I could just have it as a decorative thing. I think it'll be fun knitting it, but I don't think it would be very easy to make a wearable out of it. I would love to be able to hang a square of it somewhere and have it to look at. I'm not sure if I want to dye this or just leave it in it's natural state yet. I'm leaning towards natural so when I do knit it up, I can really check out the stitch definition.

No comments: