Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lots of Fun!

Pattern: Victorian Lace from the Six Sox Knitalong
Yarn: Lang Jawoll in Pink
Yardage: 55 grams - I started with two skeins (each 45 g) and have about 35 g left.
Yarn Source: Stash
Needles: Size US 1 (2.5 mm) Knit Picks circulars
Estimated Time to Complete Project: 1 month
Modifications: Went toe-up instead of cuff-down, used Figure -8 cast-on then increased, followed Wendy's pattern for the slip-stitch heel flap as a guideline for gusset and heel flap.

The best thing I liked about this pattern was the Mini-melon stitch. It was adapted from Victorian Lace Today and is a really fun stitch.

I was able to get a lot of the leg done on Sunday when I went to the San Diego Stitch 'N Pitch and finished them up yesterday.


From left to right: Cupcake, Me, and My Best B. Sunday was a fun day. I love being with my friends and knitting. It was a nice day to be at a baseball game although the Padres got their bats and balls handed to them. The score was 9-0. Ouch.

Monday was also a good day because my lovely Victoria arrived.


I've been practicing everyday, trying to get more consistency and getting to know the wheel a little better. I know I'm not very good at it, but I sure am having fun trying. I feel very peaceful sitting there spinning and I know it will feel even better when I start improving.

Next, I'm going to finish up the Twisted Flower. I've only got about 2 inches to go before grafting the toes so I'm very close to being finished. After that, I'm going to make the Zombie Wristwarmers from Magknits for my #1 son, and probably some for me too!

No comments: