Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Lucy Socks #3


These are the third pattern from Lucy Neatby's Cool Socks Warm Feet book called Crenellated Toe-Up Socks. I used my Knit Picks Size 0 (2mm) circular needles with Sockotta Sock Yarn Color #6669. These start with a Garter Stitch Square Toe which is also called a Bosnian-style toe. After the foot is long enough, you use waste yarn to do an Afterthought heel. Then a Garter Stitch cuff with a Picot (crenellated) bind-off. The cool thing about that kind of bind-off is that you could do all sorts of design things with the picots depending on how long you make them and how far apart you space them. I've made socks with an afterthought heel before so that wasn't new to me. The Bosnian-style toe square adds a different element that I think would look neat if you made it in a different color than the sock was in. These socks only took me two weeks due to the high amount of traveling we've been doing. I got the idea for the Sock Blockers made out of hangers from Debbie Stoller's Stitch 'N Bitch Nation book.

I have a baby present that needs to be knit for a friend's baby that is due to arrive in September. One of the blogs that I read, Abby's Knits made a sweater called Easy Baby Cardigan that is just beautiful. It's from the top down and the only seaming is on the hood. Just what I was looking for! I'm hoping to hit up my LYS soon to get the yarn. :)

I keep seeing everyone talk about the website Ravelry and I would really like to get on there to see how cool it is to use. I'll just sit here and wait while everybody on their podcast talks about it and everybody on their blog writes about it and wait my turn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that the stripes on your socks match up almost exactly with Lucy's!