Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Adventure Begins

Here is the first mini sock of the pattern Simply Splendid Socks. I learned how to do the Channel Island cast on and it is beautiful. It seems very stretchy and just looks wonderful. I think this will be the perfect pattern for this colorway also because I think any fanciness would get lost in the colors. I'm using Socks that Rock Mediumweight in colorway Chapman Springs and two size 2 circular needles. I contemplated going down to a size 0 or 1 (because my gauge is a little loose) but I used size 1 with my last pair of socks and it's just so dense I didn't enjoy the feel of it. Sure they may last longer because they won't wear as much but if I don't like knitting it, what's the point?

I like knitting two socks at a time on the two circulars so they are both finished at once. Let the first pair of Simply Splendid Socks for the Lucy Project begin...

No comments: