Sunday, July 24, 2011

Almost time 4 Sock Summit

I'm leaving EARLY thursday morning on an airplane with some clothes, some money and some serious excitement! And with these...
Sock Summit Stitch Markers
My stitch markers to trade at sock summit. Wendy brought it to my attention that people bring stitch markers and trade them during the convention. How fun is that!?! I've made about 60 which seems to be a good number since I'll be there all 4 days.  I decided to make some earrings for myself and the other girls that will be working the Knitters Brewing booth. I don't think they'll read this before Thursday so it should be a nice surprise.

I was also able to finish my Bridge of Roses socks with a couple of days to spare. They came out so beautiful and I really enjoyed embroidering the roses. BOUILLON!
BOR Finished (4)

BOR Finished (6)

BOR Finished (2)

This beautiful package came a few days ago. Good thing I just got a pair of socks off the needles.
STR July 11 (5)
I do need to cast something on before the trip so I have some knitting to take on the plane. Still thinking about what project I want to start so I have something to work on at Sock Summit too.

Tour de Fleece went well for me. Today is the last day and I feel like I accomplished a lot. I had finished the first batt of fiber I had started and moved on to this Merino/Tencel blend I had from Chameleon Colorworks.
TDF 2011 Stonewashed (2)
I bought three 4 oz braids of the same colorway and the plan is to spin them each on their own bobbin and ply them together to make a 3-ply. Two are the Merino/Tencel blend and the other is Optim. I've never spun Optim, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
TDF 2011 Stonewashed (3)
Even though Tour de Fleece is over I think I'm going to leave my spinning wheel out so I can keep going. Even 15 minutes a day, I'll take it! I forget how relaxing I find the activity of spinning and I really think it helps keep me in a calmer place.

No comments: