Sunday, July 26, 2009

Baby Love

I have two friends who are pregnant, both with boys (yeah boys!) and I want to make something special for both of them. One of them is due now, and the other is due in October. So I'm hoping to send this sweater off this week so my friend can have it before her baby comes.

I was trying to find a pattern that would take too long, and be in a familiar format to me (top-down). I found this pattern on the Lion Brand website called Naturally Nice Baby Sweater. It was simple, fast and came out totally cute!

My gauge was smaller than the pattern called for so mine came out newborn size (0-3 months), instead of the 9 months size but that's more what I wanted anyway. One more to go! I would also like to make a matching hat and socks, so maybe I'll be able to add those to the next gift.

No comments: