Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

This was a pretty good year. It's going down in the books as one of the first times in my life I've felt peaceful within myself. I'm happier than I've ever been and in a good place in my heart. I've accomplished a lot because I have a wonderful family, wonderful friends and surround myself with their love and support. I recognize that having positive thoughts and intentions, patience, kindness and strength will help me be the best that I can, in everything that I do.

My knitting accomplishments for the year 2007 include:
  • 33 completed knitting projects
    • 17 pairs of Adult socks
    • 2 pairs of kids/baby socks
    • 3 sweaters
    • 1 Baby sweater
    • 4 Bags/purses
    • 2 wire projects
    • 1 scarf
    • 1 shawl
    • 1 pair of gloves
    • 1 Hat
  • Learned how to knit and manipulate wire to make jewelry and stitch markers
  • Knitted 9 Squares for a charity blanket
  • Completed my 2007 goal "The Lucy Project". I was able to try many different socks techniques and learned what I like to do the best.
  • Learned how to hand dye yarn using Kool-aid and Acid dyes. I also learned how to make my own self-striping yarn using a warping board I made.
  • Learned how to spin using a hand spindle and a spinning wheel
  • Learned how to process raw fleece
    • This was fleece just shorn from the sheep. My Best B taught me how to wash it, card it (gave me fleece and carders for my birthday), and showed me how to roll it for spinning.
  • Found a knitting group. I feel like I searched for so long for other knitters that live by me. I knew they had to be out there, but I had such a hard time figuring out where they were meeting. I was so happy to have found them and I feel privileged to have met such a wonderful group of women.
My goals for 2008 include:
  1. Learn how to make a sweater without a pattern using my own measurements and swatches. I'm hoping that my LYS will be offering a class that will help me with this.
  2. Learn Modular Knitting. I have the book already, I just want to make time to sit and go through it so I can fully understand what it is going on.
  3. Seek out other spinners in hopes of finding somebody that I can watch and learn from. I have learned what I'm going to learn from books and I need to see it person. I'm not really looking for a teacher that I have to pay for lessons. I want to find a person or group of people that like to get together to spin and wouldn't mind somebody observing their work and occasionally asking questions. A group similar to my current knitting group, except for spinning.
Happy 2008! It's gonna be a good year!

No comments: