Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Clapotis

I was trying to get a picture with Son #2, but he wasn't interested.

Name of Project: Clapotis
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Superwash Merino, 560 yds per 8 oz hank in colorway Winterberry
Yardage: almost 2 full hanks
Yarn Source: Yarning For You
Needles: Size US 8 (5 mm) Knit Picks interchangeable 24" circular
Estimated Time to Complete Project: a little over a month - Started 8/17/07, Finished 9/26/07
Modifications: I wanted mine to be really long, so I did 7 more repeats of the straight row section than the pattern.

This pattern was really fun to make. I was pleasantly surprised at how fun it was to drop the stitches and unravel them. And the fact that it was on the bias, kept me on my toes and I didn't get bored. I can think of a lot of people that would love to have one of these on their shoulders. No wonder it's such a popular pattern. The cost of it (around $75 for mine) is the only thing that I would change. It makes it a little harder to give away as a gift.
Here's one he let us take, but he wasn't happy about it.

No comments: