I like the way they turned out and if my feet were rounder they would fit great (I had a sizing issue). I wasn't sure why they didn't feel right at first but after going over my notes I made I figured out my mistake. I had received Lucy's Sock Technique DVDs and saw where you were supposed to measure for your ankle measurement. I measured too high on my ankle and it put my ankle measurement at 8.5 inches. If I had measured correctly it would have been 8 inches. So they are not going to be wearable to me the way they are because they are too loose around the ankle and foot. I have two choices - 1) frog them and start over or 2) find someone with really round feet and give them away. It's just too early for me to frog them so I'm just going to wait a few days and see how I feel. The fact that I've spent 9 days on something to just have to rip it out is so harsh right now.
In the meantime, I've started two new projects. The first is the Sahara Sweater. I'm cautiously diving into the pattern because I don't want to overlook something important. The second is the Falling Leaves sock pattern from Knitty. I'm using two size 1 circular needles and Lang Jawoll superwash sock yarn in Lavender. I'm really excited to have new projects on the needles as they are both something I have been waiting to cast-on for. I did finally get my 3 hanks of socks that rock yarn yesterday. Woo hoo! :)